On our latest TelecomDisruptors podcast Chris Matthieu, Senior Director of Distributed Services at Magic Leap, shares what the future of augmented reality communications will be like. Listen in at:
by Alan Percy, TelcoBridges
Here we are in 2019:
- Our kids don’t know how to use a rotary phone or what long-distance calling means
- More than 40% of international telephone calls are completed via Skype
- Whatsapp dominates the international mobile-to-mobile calling market
- “Facetiming” someone has nothing to do with actually being in the same room
- Nearly all NEW telecommunications equipment and software sales depend on an IP-based infrastructure.
What happened? Our legacy telecommunications industry has been disrupted!
by Harry Wakefield, Marketing Communications, TelcoBridges
TelcoBridges executives were in Chicago this week for the 2018 IIT RTC Conference and Expo. Our own Alan Percy sat down and recorded a podcast with FCC Chief Technology Officer Eric Burger, discussing one of our favourite subjects, robocalling fraud and actions the FCC is taking to protect consumers.
At ITEXPO 2018 we recorded a podcast with Telecom Reseller where we talked about the evolution of SBC’s both technical and business model. You can listen to it here:
Thank you Gary Audin!